Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@apache.org> on 2023/01/31 16:34:27 UTC

[RELEASE][4.18]

LS,
a small update. I was aiming to create a first RC before the end of the
month,
but there are two PRs still open that I would really want in:
1. the tungsten PR: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/7065
2. 2 factor authentication: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/6924

Other than that I think we can move all of them to 4.18.1 or 4.19. If there
are any that you think are either easy wins or vital for the release (i.e.
regressions or critical issues), please let me know.

I will postpone creating the RC to the weekend for now.

Re: [RELEASE][4.18]

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Sven,
For a release we need an RM and we have none for 4.17.3. This would also
not include any features at all. Any new features always go into a .o
release and fixes on top of that.
We always have a conflict between people that want stability and people
that want quick turnover.
tl;dr what we do not have is someone to take care of 4.17.3

--
Daan

AW: [RELEASE][4.18]

Posted by me...@swen.io.

Re: [RELEASE][4.18]

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@apache.org>.
LS,

Re: [RELEASE][4.18]

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@apache.org>.
LS,

Re: [RELEASE][4.18]

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@apache.org>.
LS,
small update,
I didn´t quite make it this weekend, I merged the last major feature, 2FA
this morning but we have some regressions in the UI [1][2] and there are
integration tests failing [3], I think we better address those before
creating an RC.
I would like to ask the tungsten fabric contributors to test the current
main for compatibility with their setup.
I will update as soon as possible

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/7194
[2] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/7195
[3] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/7190