Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> on 2009/01/14 10:40:20 UTC

Re: svn commit: r734289 - /httpd/apreq/branches/1.x/RELEASE

joes@apache.org wrote:
> -   If any -1s are received, the release is rejected.  Edit the ./STATUS file
> -   and modify the line
> +   If more -1's than +1's are received, or less than 3 +1's are received,
> +   the release is rejected.  Edit the ./STATUS file and modify the line

What?!?  You can release an artifact with even a single veto?

Re: svn commit: r734289 - /httpd/apreq/branches/1.x/RELEASE

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
> > -   If any -1s are received, the release is rejected.  Edit the ./STATUS file
> > -   and modify the line
> > +   If more -1's than +1's are received, or less than 3 +1's are received,
> > +   the release is rejected.  Edit the ./STATUS file and modify the line
> >

> What?!?  You can release an artifact with even a single veto?

You can't veto a release ;-).

Re: svn commit: r734289 - /httpd/apreq/branches/1.x/RELEASE

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>
>> joes@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> -   If any -1s are received, the release is rejected.  Edit the ./STATUS file
>>> -   and modify the line
>>> +   If more -1's than +1's are received, or less than 3 +1's are received,
>>> +   the release is rejected.  Edit the ./STATUS file and modify the line
>>>
>> What?!?  You can release an artifact with even a single veto?
>>

> Distinction.  If someone has vetoed a code change that code change must be
> reverted or the code branched to exclude the objectionable change.
>
> But nobody can veto a release.

OK.  Good to know, since I thought otherwise.

Re: svn commit: r734289 - /httpd/apreq/branches/1.x/RELEASE

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.