Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by thomassaxtoft <t....@sondagsavisen.dk> on 2002/09/19 14:30:32 UTC

Example on configuring Orion

Hi!

I have for some time ignored a problem with Orion and Log4j, but now I have to solve it.
I think the problem might be that Orion can't find the log4j.properties file.
When I run Orion embedded in Intellij IDEA, every thing works fine: I get my log statements on the screen and the sun shines. But if I run Orion from the command line I get no debug, nor does it work with classes passing the network when they contain a static Logger.

I have placed the log4j.jar in {orion_home}\lib, and the log4j.properties in {orion_home}\applications\{app_name}\Meta-inf.

Are those two files placed correctly and how should I start up the server? I mean what classpath should I give it?

I work on a Windows 2000.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thomas Saxtoft

Re: Example on configuring Orion

Posted by Manoj Sadangi <ms...@eximtechnologies.com>.
log4j.configuration=file:config/log4j.properties
change config dir to the dir where you have put the log4j.properties
file

Posted by Manoj Sadangi <ms...@eximtechnologies.com>.
Hi thomas,