Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net> on 2007/06/15 10:42:11 UTC

Can wsa:ReferenceParameters be used for correlation?

Is there any way I can make the wsa:ReferenceParameters act like a BPEL correlation id?

 For example, can I point a reference parameter to an element in the schema defined in the wsdl and expect that any soap client engine will insert the value of that element into the reference parameter (as the parameter value) before sending out the soap message? Or are reference parameters inherently static elements that are defined in the wsdl and are passed on in the soap headers by the client toolkit?

The use case is that I am trying to explore how I can specify a correlation id (without using BPEL) in a WSDL that will be used by the service to figure out which instance of the service the call is intended to. The id will be some element in input schema.

Basically if I can specify some wsa property that points to a schema element the value of which will be dynamically used by the client engine to populate the header it will solve my problem.

Any pointers regarding this? Or do I always have to parse the payload to get the 'correlation' element?

Shantanu