Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Liz Kim <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/06 19:07:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Satisfy any?!

How does "Satisfy any" effect the lower directories?

I have a directory /A and /A/B and /A/B/C.
/A allows certain IPs
/A/B asks for password
/A/B/C asks for password

I want to add the option "Satisfy any" on /A by prompting the client for a
password when hes not on the allowed IP.
When I do so, the password protection on B gets disabled...
So then I add "Satisfy all" on B on top of the "Satisfy any" on A then it
works OK even the protection on C is working Ok
although I have not added the "Satisfy all" on C...

All three sets of passwords are different.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you!

Re: [users@httpd] Satisfy any?!

Posted by Liz Kim <li...@gmail.com>.
Ah.. Ok so pretty much
what I am trying to do == impossible!
Thanks for being so patient! :)

Re: [users@httpd] Satisfy any?!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Re: [users@httpd] Satisfy any?!

Posted by Liz Kim <li...@gmail.com>.
Just to clearing things:

Re: [users@httpd] Satisfy any?!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Re: [users@httpd] Satisfy any?!

Posted by Liz Kim <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joshua..
Following your explanation.. It seems like I was mistaken.
When I did "Satisfy All" on /A/B it seems like it is checking All of the IP
check and the Password check that was applied to /A and the password on
/A/B....
Is there a way to keep /A "Satisfy any" and /A/B to inherit whatever /A had
AND specific protections for /A/B?
I would like to the client to able to view B by entering in two passwords
(one for /A's protection and another for /A/B) when they're not on an
allowed IP?

Thanks!!

Re: [users@httpd] Satisfy any?!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.