Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastien Payette <Sp...@interstarinc.com> on 2000/08/21 19:48:37 UTC

buffer flushed!

Good afternoon everyone,

I am getting the following error messages,

Internal Servlet Error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error: Attempt to clear a buffer that's
already been flushed

and

Root cause:
java.io.IOException: Error: Attempt to clear a buffer that's already been
flushed

when I try to access some jsp pages that have some dynamic information,
passed along from a servlet.
I use Tomcat 1.3.6 together with Apache. This problem occurs both on IE5 and
Netscape.

Dod anybody ever encounter and solve that problem? I have tried many
different solutions, but none of
them worked. I would greatly appreciate any help given as I am quite stucked
here.
Thanks in advance
Sebastien Payette

Re: buffer flushed!

Posted by Bryan Hinton <Hi...@hotmail.com>.
I was getting the same error.  I couldn't find any reason for it.  I was not
using any of the tags that would cause the buffer to flush or anything like
that so to fix it I wrapped everything in a try...catch block and the
problem went away?  No idea why this worked, but it did.

Bryan Hinton