Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/01 15:02:36 UTC

Fall-through in switch statement

I see that checkstyle is enforcing us not to use "fall through"s in switch
statements. Is there any particular reason why we do not want them. In my
current code I have it a a couple of places and it comes very handy. Shell
I remove it from checkstyle?

Personally, I think they should be possible.

Best,
Claudio

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: Fall-through in switch statement

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
As long as the fall through is commented, it seems safe enough. I am
usually in favor of eliminating really stringent checkstyle rules from
Giraph, in places it has made the code more awkward/verbose. Anyone else
have an opinion?

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Claudio Martella <claudio.martella@gmail.com