Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Patrick Wallin <pw...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/27 18:02:33 UTC

Participate In The Project Of PDFBox

Hi!

I would like to join in your team by testing or modifying PDFBox.    I have been a programmer for several years and have used Netbeans for few years.  Recently, I use your PDFBox. I am very impressed with it especially creating PDF.

Please let me know if you need help by testing PDFBox or anything.

Patrick Wallin

Re: Participate In The Project Of PDFBox

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

first of all, sorry for answering that late ...

Am 27.08.2013 18:02, schrieb Patrick Wallin:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to join in your team by testing or modifying PDFBox.
 >
> I have been a programmer for several years and have used Netbeans for few years.
 >
> Recently, I use your PDFBox. I am very impressed with it especially creating PDF.
>
> Please let me know if you need help by testing PDFBox or anything.
Any help is very welcome :-)

Depending of your skills and your knowledge about PDF there are several
possible starting points. I suggest that

- you try to get used to the source [1]
- you have a look at our JIRA issue tracker [2] to identify possible task for
you (maybe you can start with checking if a filed issue is sttll valid or not..)
- sooner or late you have to read the pdf reference [3]
- [4] gives some more general information how to start at the ASF and how to
become a committer

Feel free to come back and ask if necessary.

> Patrick Wallin

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] http://pdfbox.apache.org/downloads.html