Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ralf Bierig <so...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/15 12:14:35 UTC

How to serialize a URL? HELP!!!

How can I serialize a URL? I have tried to do it with
the BeanSerializer...

(see the following sourcecode)

Call call=new Call();
SOAPMappingRegistry smr = new SOAPMappingRegistry();
BeanSerializer beanser = new BeanSerializer();
smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,
new QName("urn:xml-soap-echo-demo", "url"),
java.net.URL.class, beanserializer, beanserializer);

call.setSOAPMappingRegistry(smr);
call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);
call.setTargetObjectURI("urn:myservice");
call.setMethodName("URLmethod");

Vector parameters=new Vector();
Class parameter_0_type = java.net.URL.class;
	parameters.addElement(new Parameter("parameter_0",
parameter_0_type, (URL)parameter_0,
Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC));
	call.setParams(parameters);										Response
response = call.invoke(this.getServiceLocation(),"");

I got the SOAPException, that there is no serializer
for java.lang.Object...

I dont know, URL is a bean, I think because I can
reconstruct a URL with all informaiton I get from the
Getters. So it should work. Why not???

Thanks in advance!

Ralf Bierig

RE: How to serialize a URL? HELP!!!

Posted by Jean-Louis Vila <jl...@cosmosbay.com>.
Hi Ralf,

URL doesn't contains default constructor URL() and
it must be present for a bean. So, you can try
to extend URL with a default constructor and
deploy this new object.

public class MyURL extends java.net.URL{
	public MyURL(){}
}

This must work

Hope that helps....