Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florian Müller <mu...@gotux.de> on 2012/02/24 12:51:12 UTC

OpenCMIS and Logging

 Hi all,

 We started looking into the Android code integration. One of the
 findings is that Apache Commons Logging doesn't support the Android
 logging facilities.
 An alternative to Commons Logging would be SLF4J [1][2], which works on
 plain Java and on Android.

 In order to share as much code as possible we would have to replace
 Commons Logging with SLF4J across all OpenCMIS classes. This would be a
 one-time effort and part of the Android code integration. It would not
 change any APIs because it is only used internally.

 WDYT?

 - Florian

 [1] http://www.slf4j.org/
 [2] http://www.slf4j.org/android/

Re: OpenCMIS and Logging

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.
If that's necessary then let's do it. Logging frameworks can be easily
bridged to one another in any case (e.g., slf4j-log4j12.jar).

Florent

RE: OpenCMIS and Logging

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
 It would be a change in the client and in the server code.
 I have already done it in the Android branch if you want to take look.

 - Florian

RE: OpenCMIS and Logging

Posted by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com>.