Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk> on 2001/08/10 12:28:59 UTC

JDBMailRepository

Err, how do you get this to work?

I get a FileNotFoundException with spool.properties in either the top
level conf dir or the apps/james/conf dir?

Has anyone else tried to get the current version of JDBMailRepository/
SpoolRepository working?

Any good ideas?

Charles

Re: JDBMailRepository

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
Darrell DeBoer wrote:

> Hi Charles.
>
> I'm pretty sure the filepath you specify in the destinationURL is relative to
> the current directory, which is where you execute the "run.sh" script from.
> So, you'll need to modify the paths accordingly, or run the script from the
> "dist" directory.
>
> We could change this behaviour to use the block base Directory, which you can
> get from the BlockContext object.  (This is how the FileRepository paths are
> calculated). There's an example of this in:
> org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.masterstore.AbstractFileRepository.contextualize().

That would be a better option if anyone gets the time to do it.

Charles

Re: JDBMailRepository

Posted by Darrell DeBoer <dd...@bigdaz.com>.
Hi Charles.

I'm pretty sure the filepath you specify in the destinationURL is relative to
the current directory, which is where you execute the "run.sh" script from.
So, you'll need to modify the paths accordingly, or run the script from the
"dist" directory.

We could change this behaviour to use the block base Directory, which you can
get from the BlockContext object.  (This is how the FileRepository paths are
calculated). There's an example of this in:
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.masterstore.AbstractFileRepository.contextualize().

ciao
Daz

Re: JDBMailRepository

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
Serge Knystautas wrote:

> The pathing for the db:// stuff works the same way as the file://.  I stuck
> the spool.properties in the avalon level conf, so that's why there's
> .../conf/spool.properties in the config.xml.

Actually, it had conf/spool.properties but I've changed it in cvs to
.../conf/spool.properties.
I also amended the build file to include spool.properties in that dir.

The good news is I now have the spool repository on JDBC working.
The bad news is that inbox repository isn't yet. It throws:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ../conf/inbox.propertiesCharles/ (No such
file or directory)
	at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.compose(JDBCMailRepository.java:99)
<blah>

Any ideas?

>  I should probably have
> spool.properties get put in the apps/james/conf directory by ant and then
> reference it there as it's confusing how it is.

For now, the changes I've just committed should do. If someone can
implement the BlockContext method Darrel suggested then packagin it in
apps/james/conf would be good.

Charles

Re: JDBMailRepository

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
The pathing for the db:// stuff works the same way as the file://.  I stuck
the spool.properties in the avalon level conf, so that's why there's
.../conf/spool.properties in the config.xml.  I should probably have
spool.properties get put in the apps/james/conf directory by ant and then
reference it there as it's confusing how it is.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/