Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by Jingyi Mei <jm...@pivotal.io> on 2018/01/08 21:58:01 UTC

MADlib 1.13 OSX version support

Hi there,

In the recent new MADlib 1.13 release, we provided a dmg for mac. Recently
we realized it doesn’t work on OSX El Capitan and earlier OSX version. We
dug into this and found there was some APFS filesystem change from Sierra
to High Sierra, while this dmg artifact was compiled on High Sierra, which
caused this problem. After test this 1.13 dmg artifact will only support
OSX Sierra and up.

For next release we will ensure the dmg is backwards compatible with
earlier OSX version. A Jira was created here for v1.14 here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1196.

Thanks,
MADlib Team
​