Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> on 2008/05/02 07:52:13 UTC

Re: Exposing script interpreters from the JSVGCanvas

Hi Helder.

Helder Magalhães:
> This seems rather useful. Currently I'm conducting some
> HTML<-->Applet<-->SVG experiments (mostly based in a related post [1]) and
> the current workaround is a bit of a hack. ;-)

OK I just added this.  You can now do something like:

  JFrame f = …;
  JSVGCanvas c = …;

  // Wait until the document is running, by listening for GVT build
  // events, or SVGLoad.

  Interpreter i = c.getInterpreter("application/ecmascript");
  if (i != null) {
    i.bindObject("theFrame", f);
    // Now script in the SVG document can use the variable 'theFrame'
    // to call methods on the JFrame object above.
  }

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/