Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/12/19 23:41:10 UTC

[VOTE] Graduation of Apache Knox from the Incubator

Hi Folks,

Time to VOTE on the following resolution to graduate
Apache Knox from the Apache Incubator. Here's a draft
resolution to VOTE on (with Kevin listed as PMC chair).

I'll leave the VOTE open for the next week. If all goes
well here, I'll take it to general@incubator.a.o and if
all goes well there, we'll take it to the Apache board
for consideration in their January 2014 board meeting.

Thanks!

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Knox from the Incubator
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Knox from the Incubator because..

Thanks and here's my enthusiastic +1!

Cheers,
Chris

--draft resolution

  open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
  public, related to secure access for Apache Hadoop clusters.

  Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Knox Project" be
  and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
  and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the Apache Knox Project be and hereby is
  related to secure access for Apache Hadoop clusters; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Knox", be
  and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
  at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
  Apache Knox Project, and to have primary responsibility for
management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
  of the Apache Knox Project; and be it further

  Apache Knox Project:

* Christopher Douglas <cd...@apache.org>
* Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>
* Devaraj Das <dd...@apache.org>
* Dilli Dorai <di...@apache.org>
* Alan Gates <ga...@apache.org>
* John Speidelkminder <js...@apache.org>
* Kevin Minder <km...@apache.org>
* Larry McCay <lm...@apache.org>
* Mahadev Konar <ma...@apache.org>
* Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>
* Sumit Mohanty <sm...@apache.org>
* Tom Beerbower <tb...@apache.org>
* Thomas White <to...@apache.org>
* Venkatesh Seetharam <ve...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Kevin Minder be
 appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Knox,
to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
 death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
 until a successor is appointed; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache Knox Project be and hereby is
 tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
 Incubator Knox podling; and be it further

 Incubator Knox podling encumbered upon the Apache
Incubator Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Knox from the Incubator

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Alan.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Knox from the Incubator

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
+1