Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2005/12/17 18:31:45 UTC

Re: Threads Was: Adjusting Memory

Bruno Georges wrote:
> Hi Thomas
> A quick note:
> Correct me if I am wrong , but it looks like this happens not intentionally
> when the spell checker modify the spelling in the Subject line.
>
> Bruno Georges

It depends on the mail client. Some use the subject, some use the
"In-Reply-To" header, some use a combination of both. Some clients
issue the "In-Reply-To" header, some don't.

Either way, thread hijacking is bad.

As far as spell-checkers go, if you fix errors in the subject, you
make it easier for people searching the archives but may well break
the thread for some clients. Personally, I would leave it alone.

Mark

<snip>