Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/12/15 12:46:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release 0.4.0-incubating, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version
0.4.0-incubating, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3],
* source code tag "v0.4.0-incubating-RC1" [4],
* website pull request listing the release and publishing the API reference
manual [5].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PPMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12338590
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/beam/0.4.0-incubating/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1006/
[4] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-beam.git;a=tag;h=85d1c8a2f85bbc667c90f55ff0eb27de5c2446a6
[5] https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam-site/pull/109

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.4.0-incubating, release candidate #1

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.
Looping back, all issues I know about or have mentioned are now on the
release branch.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
That's the plan, I will cancel the RC#1 vote and start a RC#2.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.4.0-incubating, release candidate #1

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Eugene Kirpichov <ki...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Amit,

thanks for the update.

As you changed the Jira, the Release Notes are now up to date.

Regards
JB

On 12/15/2016 02:20 PM, Amit Sela wrote:
> I see three problems in the release notes (related to Spark runner):
>
> Improvement:
> [BEAM-757] - The SparkRunner should utilize the SDK's DoFnRunner instead of
> writing it's own.
> [BEAM-807] - [SparkRunner] Replace OldDoFn with DoFn
> [BEAM-855] - Remove the need for --streaming option in the spark runner
>
> BEAM-855 is duplicate and probably shouldn't have had a Fix Version.
>
> The other two are not a part of this release - I was probably too eager to
> mark them fixed after merge and I accidentally put 0.4.0 as the Fix Version.
>
> I made the changes in JIRA now.
>
> Thanks,
> Amit
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 3:09 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofr� <jb...@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Reviewing and testing the release, I see:
>>
>> 16/12/15 14:04:47 ERROR MetricsContainer: Unable to update metrics on
>> the current thread. Most likely caused by using metrics outside the
>> managed work-execution thread.
>>
>> It doesn't block the execution of the pipeline, but basically, it means
>> that metrics don't work anymore.
>>
>> I'm investigating.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 12/15/2016 01:46 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofr� wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version
>>> 0.4.0-incubating, as follows:
>>> [ ] +1, Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
>>> * JIRA release notes [1],
>>> * the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org
>> [2],
>>> * all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3],
>>> * source code tag "v0.4.0-incubating-RC1" [4],
>>> * website pull request listing the release and publishing the API
>> reference
>>> manual [5].
>>>
>>> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
>>> approval, with at least 3 PPMC affirmative votes.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.4.0-incubating, release candidate #1

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release 0.4.0-incubating, release candidate #1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

regarding the issues found (and actually already fixed on the release
branch), I cancel this vote.

I will submit a RC2 soon.