Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by crashman <th...@web.de> on 2010/03/29 11:04:11 UTC

After redeploy Application: MDB dont receive Messages

hello together,
we have very often a problem after/during redeploying a ear-file.

situation: ear-file with active-mq queue and MDB and some
stateless-session-beans.
what we do is the following: take traffic from application, stop
application, undeploy it, deploy the new ear-file.
after this, sometimes we have a situation like this: the application put new
messages into
the queue, but the MDB don't receive it. In this moment you can see the
messages
in the internal db-table: APP.ACTIVEMQ_MSGS.
our only solution for this problem is to delete the content of the table
APP.ACTIVEMQ_MSGS.
stopping appliaction does not work the moment. so we shut down the server.
setting
the module of the application to load="false" in the config.xml, start the
server, undeploy
app and deploy app again. after that, everythings works fine...until the
next update...
but we have a downtime of server..and we have a lot of apps like this...

Do you see a failure in our doing while we update the appliaction?
Is it possible to avoid this troubles ?

thanks for help.

Re: After redeploy Application: MDB dont receive Messages

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 30, 2010, at 1:51 AM, crashman wrote:

> We are using Geronimo 2.1.2. But I tested Version 2.2. It's possible to get
> same problem under 2.2.
> That's why I thinking, that I make a mistake...
>
> In geronimo.log I can not find any errors. Is there another place, where I
> should search for failures ?

Nothing I can think of, at the moment. Seems like an undeploy problem to me. If you could create a Jira, and better yet, provide an application and test scenario to reproduce the problem, that would be great.

--kevan

Re: After redeploy Application: MDB dont receive Messages

Re: After redeploy Application: MDB dont receive Messages

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 29, 2010, at 5:04 AM, crashman wrote:

> hello together,
> we have very often a problem after/during redeploying a ear-file.
>
> situation: ear-file with active-mq queue and MDB and some
> stateless-session-beans.
> what we do is the following: take traffic from application, stop
> application, undeploy it, deploy the new ear-file.
> after this, sometimes we have a situation like this: the application put new
> messages into
> the queue, but the MDB don't receive it. In this moment you can see the
> messages
> in the internal db-table: APP.ACTIVEMQ_MSGS.
> our only solution for this problem is to delete the content of the table
> APP.ACTIVEMQ_MSGS.
> stopping appliaction does not work the moment. so we shut down the server.
> setting
> the module of the application to load="false" in the config.xml, start the
> server, undeploy
> app and deploy app again. after that, everythings works fine...until the
> next update...
> but we have a downtime of server..and we have a lot of apps like this...
>
> Do you see a failure in our doing while we update the appliaction?
> Is it possible to avoid this troubles ?

A minor note: you don't have to set load="false" on your application. While your server is stopped you can undeploy with:

./deploy.sh --offline undeploy <module-name>

What version of Geronimo are you using? I recall someone else having a redeploy problem, but don't recall the specifics. Any errors in your server log?

--kevan