Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org> on 2011/09/01 22:54:04 UTC

Re: 1.4 planning

Somewhat beyond 1.4, I'd like to ask about persistence other than RDBMS.
For instance, in microblogging, there is some evidence that Redis can
provide a scalable datastore.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Jack

Re: 1.4 planning

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
@Jack - I've created a JIRA item for it:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-358. I set the version to
1.4 and backlog.

If you create a user for yourself in JIRA, I'll assign you to it.

D.

Re: 1.4 planning

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack,

Ok, I take your point. Thanks for the explanations.

Vladimir

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

Re: Compiling 1.3 observations

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
We need to fix the test failures. Regarding the compilation warnings,
we have an issue open for this one :-)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-362

Cheers,
Ethan

Re: User interface observations

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Continuing the saga: Joe creates a tag while in a shared pool. Joe sees
the tag. It does not show up in the views of others, including when the
pool, itself, is selected.  Are tags not public objects visible to all?

The tag *is* in the message viewed in the pool to others, just not in
the tag cloud.

Thanks in advance (still learning)
Jack

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Clear the cache, Luke!
That hit me as I woke up this morning. In fact, it's working fine on FF
now.  One has to wonder: how is it that Chrome and IE do the right
thing, but FF is willing to reuse a bad file...

Dopey me!

Cheers
Jack

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: First running 1.3 observations

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Issue added to Jira.
Yes, I did not expect Joe to see it, unless it had been created but not
showing.

Jack

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
We (I) should probably surface more of our ideas about pools on the
CMS site. Actually, there is quite a bit of documentation present but
it is either hidden in the mail archives or in the old wiki.

I'll put in on my list to surface this information.

D.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack,

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Now that it's running, aside from a CSS issue with Firefox mentioned
below, it's being confusing in relation to pools.

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.

Compiling 1.3 observations

Re: 1.4 planning

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.