Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robin Harrison <ro...@prismix.com> on 2004/05/11 13:59:45 UTC

Problems configuring Subversion 1.02 and Apache2 on Windows XP

Hi,

I'm trying to get subversion working on Windows XP Professional, running
under Apache 2.0.44.

Apache has been on this machine for a while, and is successfully serving
up files c/o JRun and ColdFusion using name based virtual hosting. This
side of things works fine.

I've installed subversion (svn, version 1.0.2 (r9423)), and I've
successfully connected to it using the file:/// method with both the
command line, and TortoiseSVN, but Apache is not working, and fails to
start.

I added the following lines into my Apache conf, and copied the
appropriate files into the modules directory.

# SUBVERSION
LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module modules/mod_authz_svn.so

I'm pretty sure that the error was something like the following (but it
was occuring late on a Friday and it apprently wasn't logged)

Cannot load D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
into server: The specified module could not be found.

So I searched around on google and found a couple of replies about this
sort of problem:

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=45677

I followed the various bits of advice given, I downloaded Dependency
Walker and ran that againgst mod_dav_sn.so, found the dependant files
and copied them into the modules directory.

libapr.dll
libapriconv.dll
libaprutil.dll
libdb42.dll
libeay32.dll
libhttpd.dll

At this point I still receive the following error in Dependency Walker,
but there are no dlls flagged red:

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

And when I test the Apache configuration I receive the same message as
before

Syntax error on line 177 of D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
into server: The specified procedure could not be found.

Note: I don't have any of the tools necessary to compile Apache and/or
Subversion to work on this machine.

I'm hoping it's a simple mistake somewhere, but does anyone have any
pointers or ideas as to how to get this working - I'm using Visual
SourceSafe and I'd really really like to shift off it.

Thanks in advance,

Robin Harrison
 --
robin harrison
prismix ltd

Re: Problems configuring Subversion 1.02 and Apache2 on Windows XP

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 08:59, Robin Harrison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get subversion working on Windows XP Professional, running
> under Apache 2.0.44.

> I've installed subversion (svn, version 1.0.2 (r9423))

Subversion 1.0.2 requires at least apache 2.0.48. 2.0.49 is preferable.
That's probably why you're seeing errors about "not finding procedures".

Re: Problems configuring Subversion 1.02 and Apache2 on Windows XP

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
I think you are going to need to upgrade to at least Apache 2.0.48, as I
believe that is the minimum requirement for Subversion 1.0.X.

   - David Summers

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Robin Harrison wrote:

> [...]
>
> Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
> export function in an implicitly dependent module.
> Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
> export function in a delay-load dependent module.
>
> And when I test the Apache configuration I receive the same message as
> before
>
> Syntax error on line 177 of D:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
> into server: The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> Note: I don't have any of the tools necessary to compile Apache and/or
> Subversion to work on this machine.
>
> I'm hoping it's a simple mistake somewhere, but does anyone have any
> pointers or ideas as to how to get this working - I'm using Visual
> SourceSafe and I'd really really like to shift off it.

David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt
PGP Key fingerprint =  C0 E0 4F 50 DD A9 B6 2B  60 A1 31 7E D2 28 6D A8