Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com> on 2006/11/24 03:38:02 UTC

schema files from standard organizations

Hi,

Right now, our distribution includes various schema files from standard
organization, mainly W3C. Some schema files is under W3C license, which
is straight forward to include in distribution, for example xml.xsd. But
some schema files are contributed by other companies and they only have
copy right text in files header,  these are gray area for us to include
them in distribution. These schema files are all available in public
URL, and I wonder if our code can just refer to public URL instead of
these local file system. If we can do that, then we would not need to
distribution these schema files. Of course, by referring to public URL
in our code, build will fail without internet access. Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Bo

Re: schema files from standard organizations

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
I say we rely on the public URL for the short term and try to work out
something else in the medium/long term. I think our first priority should be
getting the M1 release out.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse