Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Fred Hauschel <ha...@googlemail.com> on 2008/10/29 11:24:53 UTC

[changes-maven-plugin] Using a Custom Announcement Template Bug!?

Hey All,
1. The only release I found is 2.0-beta-1 in jira there are 2.0-beta-2,
2.0-beta-3 and 2.0 What are the latest release? And where can I find it?

2. [MultiModule project!] With 2.0-beta-1 I've problems with "Using a Custom
Announcement Template". If I follow the how-to
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/examples/using-a-custom-announcement-template.htmlin
my submodule
The resourceloader could'not find the xxx.vm template. The
changes-maven-plugin is configured in parentPom PlugInManagement (see
bottom).
In the submodule under build.plugins I've overwrite the configuration like
this:

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>changes-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <template>announcement.vm</template>
                    <templateDirectory>announcements</templateDirectory>
                    <toAddresses>
                        <toAddress
implementation="java.lang.String">removed</toAddress>
                    </toAddresses>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

If the template is located in the submodule
/src/main/resources/announcements/announcement.vm The resourceLoader cannot
find the template. If I locate the template with the same path in the parent
project it works. Is this a feature or a bugt?

Thanks Fredy

ParentPom config:

        </pluginManagement>
            </plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                    <artifactId>changes-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <phase>deploy</phase>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>announcement-generate</goal>
                            </goals>
                            <id>announcement-generate</id>
                        </execution>
                        <execution>
                            <phase>deploy</phase>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>announcement-mail</goal>
                            </goals>
                            <id>announcement-mail</id>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                    <configuration>
                        <xmlPath>${basedir}/src/changes</xmlPath>
                        <smtpHost>xxxxxx</smtpHost>
                        <from>
                            <item
implementation="java.lang.String">removed</item>
                        </from>

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Fred Robert Hauschel

Mein Strom kommt von http://www.greenpeace-energy.de und
http://www.naturstrom.de. Für eine saubere Zukunft!

maven-changes-plugin: issueLinkTemplatePerSystem

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi there,

i'm trying to get rid of warning during my usual mvn site
build...(issueLinkTemplate ..deprecated)....

so i tried to use issueLinkTemplatePerSystem:

<issueManagement>
   <system>Redmine</system>
   <url>http://www.supose.org</url>
</issueManagement>

<artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.1</version>
<configuration>
   <issueLinkTemplatePerSystem>
     <Redmine>http://www.supoe.org/issues/show/%ISSUE%</Redmine>
   </issueLinkTemplatePerSystem>
</configuration>

This will not produce a correct link in the change log...
I've tried different types of <Redmine> ...uppercase, lowercase etc.
Furthermore I have tried to add
<default></default> entry to fix the problem....but that didn't work
neither...

Maybe i misunderstand the documentation....or do i oversight things ?

maybe someone here can me enlighten me a little bit...

BTW: Using mvn 2.0.9 on XP

Thanks in advance...
Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: [changes-maven-plugin] Using a Custom Announcement Template Bug!?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
You should be using org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin:2.0
instead of org.codehaus.mojo:changes-maven-plugin:2.0-beta-1.

See
  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/faq.html#question1

--
Dennis Lundberg