Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2013/07/31 18:55:13 UTC

Maven-Flex-Plugin WAS: IntelliJ - ApacheFlex4.9.1 - flexmojos 6.0.1

Hi Guys :-)

Today I think I reached an important milestone with my generator-maven-plugin. This will definitely need some fine-tuning, but I think I'll do that on the way. At least now I can generate any form of code from any sort of Java Class File or Source File. That was the big step I needed in order to continue with the maven-flex-plugin (By the way ... am I allowed to name it that way? The "maven" prefix of a plugin seems to be reserved for official maven plugins supported by Apache ... so I guess it should be ok).

I was intending on supporting only the falcon compiler and would start to support only Apache Flex and FlexUnit first (No need for high blood preasure ... the other stuff should come as the plugin matures). Think I will be needing quite some input from anyone on the Falcon Compiler team. Is there any sort of documentation for using and configuring the compiler programmatically (not using the intermediate commandline)?

Chris

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

> Think I will be needing quite some input from anyone on the Falcon
> Compiler team. Is there any sort of documentation for using and configuring
> the compiler programmatically (not using the intermediate commandline)?

flex-falcon\compiler\src\org\apache\flex\compiler\clients.MXMLC.java might
be a good place to look.  This wiki page [1] has quite a bit of info about
Falcon.  Look for the 'Using Falcon' section.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Om

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Falcon+Overview

AW: Maven-Flex-Plugin WAS: IntelliJ - ApacheFlex4.9.1 - flexmojos 6.0.1

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Carlos,

currently I haven't touched the falcon Compiler Project. But If you were to mavenize it, it would certainly be a great big help (This way we wouldn't Need to mavenize the Compiler part of Flex any more)

Chris

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: AW: Maven-Flex-Plugin WAS: IntelliJ - ApacheFlex4.9.1 - flexmojos 6.0.1

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/5/13 4:27 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>
wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>sorry for the late Response. I was on a short Holiday trip.
>
>I have to admit that I didn't implement the Integration in Flexmojos, but
>as far as I understood the code, Velo used some code-generation to
>somehow extract an API, that he then uses to programatically call the
>Compiler. But still I think he does rely on the -config.xml files. This
>was a pretty fragile construct and strangely was one that currently seems
>to cause test-failures when using the most recent Adobe Flex and all of
>the Apache Flex versions.
The code is in Git for MXMLC in the flex-sdk repo in the modules folder.
Maybe if you take a look at the history/log you'll see some changes to the
compiler that could impact FM.

>I am hoping to have something more solid in Apache Falcon.
The code is in Git for Falcon in the flex-falcon repo in the compiler
folder so feel free to make changes or propose changes.  There are classes
with the name Configuration in them that get populated by the command line
and config-xml files.

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.