Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Andreas Hauffe <an...@tu-dresden.de> on 2018/08/14 12:40:02 UTC

Subversion

Hi,

what is the best way to use Subversion with Netbeans 9? I'm using
netbeans 9.0 with jdk10 on OpenSUSE 15.0. JavaHL and SVNClient are
installed by the OpenSUSE pakages. But I'm not able to get it working.
If I choose "CLI" netbeans doesn't find the svn executable, although the
executable is in the given path. And in case of "javahl" netbeans alway
switch back to CLI, when pressing OK or apply.

Andreas Hauffe

Re: Subversion

Posted by * William <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thank Andreas,

Especially for correcting my wrong-addressing.  Looking at the commit that
seems to be fixing the version problem for the command line.

In truth saw the command line as a workaround for the missing SVN kit or
Java HL (neither are working for me with Netbeans 9).

Does anyone know if that has been addressed?  Or the issue number?

This bug has serious consequences.  I (unfortunately) discovered that code
refactoring breaks with SVN isn't actually being supported.  Code changes
are not marked with SVN and they are not being committed.  Also updates
'restore' the pre-refactored code.  It made a mess because I didn't catch
it until recently.

One point on code commits.  Where I do my stuff, we are encouraged to put
the JIRA issue number as part of the commit.  So here a commit would say:
"fixed versions .... [NETBEANS-771]"

I've found that very handyI can jump straight to the issue when looking in
the commit log/history.  If you have Fisheye it will track things for you
as well.  May be a helpful tip.

Kind regards,
                    \_w_/
 ___________________________________

Re: Subversion

Posted by Andreas Hauffe <an...@tu-dresden.de>.
Hi,

this mail was send to me only.

Actually, you need no workaround. The bug NETBEANS-771 was fixed. See
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/tree/master/subversion.

I build the module from source and installed the new module version. I
don't know if there is a automatic update and how this is handled right
now. But I didn't get any updates up to now.

Andreas Hauffe

Hi all,

Yes, I just I just had the sam trouble.  I have svn.exe 1.10.2 on the
command line under windows.  I have no trou ble with Netbeans 8.2.  v8.2
uses SvnKit.

When i looked at the plugins, there's nothing there when I entered
"svn".  So what gives?

the command line option falls down and the SvnKit is absent. Is therre a
workaround?

Kind regards,

aloha,
           \_w_/