Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Stanley, Eric" <Er...@qwest.com> on 2008/02/01 00:07:15 UTC

Doubleselect tag

I'd like to have a pair of selects, the first one controlling the
content of the next. I understand that the <s:doublselect /> tag makes
this possible. I just can't make it work. I tried just copying the
example:

<s:doubleselect label="doubleselect test1" name="menu"
list="{'fruit','other'}" doubleName="dishes" doubleList="top == 'fruit'
? {'apple', 'orange'} : {'monkey', 'chicken'}" />
<s:doubleselect label="doubleselect test2" name="menu"
list="#{'fruit':'Nice Fruits', 'other':'Other Dishes'}"
doubleName="dishes" doubleList="top == 'fruit' ? {'apple', 'orange'} :
{'monkey', 'chicken'}" />
And it does not work either. It populates both selects automatically,
and the second select never changes content based on the first. They
just seem static. I'm sure I'm looking at this the wrong way, so I could
use some clarity. Thanks in advance.
-Ryan

RE: Doubleselect tag

Posted by "Stanley, Eric" <Er...@qwest.com>.
I have 3 selects that I'd like to chain together using a similar
construct as the <s:doubleselect /> tag. Is this possible if not, what
can/should I use?

-Ryan

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> I'll drop the m on the Manning site in a couple minutes.

"anning"?

Did you get the #request issue worked out? I probably missed your followup.

d.

Re: Doubleselect tag

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
I'll drop the m on the Manning site in a couple minutes.  Holler if you need
more help.

Scot

Scott
stanlick@gmail.com