Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com> on 2000/09/25 13:18:11 UTC

Re: directorygenerator on latest cvs build (25-09-00).sdm

WAS Online wrote:

> Hi there,

> finally i got C2 to work with catalina... (phew) which cost me a lot of
> nerves, since the repositories do not seem to be in a 'synchronized'
> state at all, as i had to edit a lot of files to get all that components
> to work whith each other. Anyway, may problem is of another kind:

Well, it should have been easy to do so. What kinf of file did you need
to change ? Concerning me, it was a breeze to have cocoon2 running under
Catalina... However I do see long term issues that I'm going to send in

> The DirectoryGenerator does not give any conent of a directory to me. I
> really do not why, since i get all the System.out messages on the
> cataline console which list a lot of files which i expect to be on the
> xml output of the DirectoryGenerator. But it gives me an empty list. (No
> exception or anything, just a page that says directorylisting of... and
> parent directory)
> Is there anything i may have forgotten, as for example security issues,
> or something else?!?

> an hints would be nice,

I experienced the same behavior. Didn't went into details since I had
others priorities... but I believe the problem is here.

Sebastien

Posted by WAS Online <wa...@ndrmobil.de>.
Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

> WAS Online wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
>
> > finally i got C2 to work with catalina... (phew) which cost me a lot of
> > nerves, since the repositories do not seem to be in a 'synchronized'
> > state at all, as i had to edit a lot of files to get all that components
> > to work whith each other. Anyway, may problem is of another kind:
>
> Well, it should have been easy to do so. What kinf of file did you need
> to change ? Concerning me, it was a breeze to have cocoon2 running under
> Catalina... However I do see long term issues that I'm going to send in

well... i had the problems while installing catalina. there have been
some files missplaced, as well as some that did not want to compile at
all. But only minor changes where needed. The deployment of Cocoon was
quite easy though. So im am sorry, for not having pointed out that
clearly. Since the classes are now in their right place (the
WEB-INF/lib) as stated in the j2ee specification i really do much better
now :) i really hated that classpath juggling and .jar moving.

but really thank you for your quick answer,

jakob

(ps: the installation of catalina gave by surprise a reference
implementation of a webdav server, which really made me happy ;p )