Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Deqing Li <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/04 13:25:50 UTC

How to implement a special type tree diagram

Hi all,

I want to add a special type tree diagram, with each node is a line chart,
seeing attachments. I feel confused about how to implement this.
I know I should draw the tree first, but when to draw the special node? Do
you have any good ideas, please share with me.

Best wishes,
Deqing

Re: How to implement a special type tree diagram

Posted by SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com>.
Currently, `series` can layout based on a coordinate system, but reversed
the
dependency is not supported.

If the developers intend to implement the reversed dependency, they have to
call
`setOption` twice, where the first `setOption` creates the "base series",
and then
the position of the upper coordinate systems or series can be determined by
calling the API `chart.convertToPixel`, then `setOption` again to draw them.

Since this way brings an extra `setOpiton`, it might bring a little trouble
in some
scenarios: the view updating caused by interactions have to be implemented,
but not built-in supported. And the performance optimization in this case is
left to the developer.

But there are also some advantages in this way: flexible and powerful.

While the days that designing echarts 4.0, we used to considered the idea:
any component (including series, system coordinates) are able to layout
based
on a series. But it probably causes a significant change of the underlying
structure
but not sure the profits. So this topic did not continue at that time.

About the scenario of the tree case,  I think the previous way (two
`setOption`)
can be tried first. See how far we can do with this.

------------------------------
 Su Shuang (100pah)

SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com> 于2018年7月4日周三 下午9:34写道:

Posted by SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com>.