Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Murray Todd Williams <mu...@accenture.com> on 2012/12/19 18:53:17 UTC

JCA deployment plan schema doesn't include inbound-resourceadapter

I'm in the process of developing a bi-directional JCA adapter, and I'm trying
to deploy the skeleton to Geronimo. While writing the deployment plan
(geronimo-ra.xml) my Eclipse editor is complaining that the schema
(http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2) doesn't allow for an
<inbound-resourceadapter> element.

In other words, the sample plan in the Geronimo v2.2 docs:

https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/geronimo-raxml.html#geronimo-ra.xml-%3Cadminobject%3E

doesn't validate!

Am I missing something?

Re: JCA deployment plan schema doesn't include inbound-resourceadapter

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
It looks to me as if someone took an ra.xml for the amq resource adapter, changed the namespace, and added an environment section.  That's not a valid or useful geronimo-ra.xml in any possibly way.

Inbound resource adapters are configured via the mdb that they drive.  The mdb implements the appropriate interface which selects the message-listener.  Then you specify the activation spec properties for the mdb.

Admin objects are configured in geronimo-ra.xml, but you specify the class and then have admin-object-instance elements nested for the admin objects of that class.  And you need config-property values to do any good at all :-)

thanks for noticing this.  Anyone have time to fix it?

thanks
david jencks