Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Lemle <er...@ihc.com> on 2005/03/01 18:25:38 UTC

??? action returning multiple attachments?

Is there a way I can have an action return more than one action forward,
meaning some are going to be attachments and then the normal forward is
returned like usual?

Eric D. Lemle
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Intermountain Health Care
36 South State Street, Suite 1100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
United States of America (USA)
(801) 442-3688 -- e-mail: Eric.Lemle@IHC.com

Re: ??? action returning multiple attachments?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
An Action can only return one ActionForward, because there is only
one response.  Theoretically, you could return a response with a
content type of "multipart/mixed", but I doubt many browsers would
know what to do with that.  I guess I've never tried it; maybe they
take that into account.

Would it be easier to return a single page with links to each of the
materials which might otherwise be sent as an attachment?  As Erik
pointed out, the idea of "attachments" is not a natural fit for an
HTTP response.

Joe

At 12:28 PM -0500 3/1/05, Erik Weber wrote:
>Could it be accomplished by a single ActionForward with a path that
>specifies the attachments in a query string? Sorry, I don't exactly
>know what you mean by "attachments".
>
>Erik
>

>Eric Lemle wrote:
>
>>Is there a way I can have an action return more than one action forward,
>>meaning some are going to be attachments and then the normal forward is
>>returned like usual?
>>

>>Eric D. Lemle
>>Senior Programmer / Analyst
>>Intermountain Health Care
>>36 South State Street, Suite 1100
>>Salt Lake City, Utah 84111 United States of America (USA)
>>(801) 442-3688 -- e-mail: Eric.Lemle@IHC.com

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com

Re: ??? action returning multiple attachments?

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.