Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/10/03 12:17:58 UTC

Started removing Forrest build cruft

I've checked in the first set of mods to the build system to reduce the
unnecessary copying of files.

This has cut down the build time from 53 to 19 seconds on my machine.

Basically it creates the following dirs in build/:

   build/components -> where the component classes are built
   build/scratchpad -> where the scratchpad classes are built
   build/dist/shbat -> the distro

All Forrest webapp is in

   build/dist/shbat/context/**

All other build/dist/shbat/ files and dirs are for running the forrest
commands.

Now we need to reduce the source copying.

Jeff, yohooo! If you don't have time now you can send me the things to
do or just tell me and I'll do them.

Anyway guys, please help and check that all still works. TIA

             - verba volant, scripta manent -