Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Fabian Richter <fr...@mtg.de> on 2013/08/07 15:43:46 UTC

Getting lists back from struts

Hi

I have encountered this issue a couple of times, always found a way to
code around but now I really need to ask:

Can struts create lists/arrays (or whatever collection) when e.g. using

public class MyAction extends ActionSupport {
       public List<Choice> getChoices() {
       }
       public List<String> getPreSelectedChoices() {
          // returns a list of Choice.getKey(), which is a String
       }
  }

  public class Choice {
      public String getKey() { ...}
      public String getDisplayName() { ... }
  }

  <ww:checkboxlist name="myChoice"
                               list="%{choices}"
                               listKey="%{'key'}"
                               listValue="%{'displayName'}"
                               value="%{preSelectedChoices}" />

The selected values are sent to

public void setMyChoice(String myChoice){
}

correct? There is no way somthing like

public void setMyChoice(String[] myChoice){
}

works in struts?

If not, whats the common way to get the values back from the String
myChoice? Use Split on it?

Thank you!

Best
Fabian