Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Wouter Heijke <wh...@xs4all.nl> on 2005/08/01 17:19:19 UTC

problem with request.getContextPath

Hello,

I'm using pluto-1.0.1-rc3 and am busy integrating the Pluto driver with
our own CMS.
Now i'm making a simple portlet and run into some problems with JSTL's
c:url and also a custom tag we made that get's the path of an image
through
   String context = request.getContextPath();
When i use a jsp with content like this:
   <%=request.getContextPath()%>
in the portlet's doView i see 'null' printed, when i run the jsp outside
the portlet is displays a normal value.
So what is the problem here, am i doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Wouter

Re: problem with request.getContextPath

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
Wouter,

I was not able to reproduce this problem. Check out the war at
http://people.apache.org/~cdoremus/pluto/example3.war and see if it works
in your Pluto instance. Running the portlet it will show the Context path
on the View page and in on the console (stdout) by a System.out,println()
call inside doView(). I have also attached the portlet source file and
included JSP.
/Craig
Craig Doremus
Senior J2EE Application Developer