Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Stein Kråbøl <st...@tellussoft.com> on 2006/01/23 22:38:56 UTC

Deploy war-problem

Hello!
I'm trying out Geronimo!
Got problems with deploying my webapp.
What is wrong?
Does this mean that a classpath must be set somewhere?
Is it a misspelling?
Does this mean that the deployment tool doesn't see any of
the files in the EJB?

Here is the message:

Error: Unable to distribute my-webapp-1.0.war: Error processing
'remote' element for EJB Reference 'BCalcREJB' for module
'MyWebApp': Remote interface class not found:
com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculator
The EJB has been deployed earlier without error.
Here's the ejb-jar.xml:

<enterprise-beans>
   <session>
       <display-name>Stateless Session Bean with Remote
interfaces</display-name>
       <ejb-name>BCalcREJB</ejb-name>
       <home>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculatorHome</home>
       <remote>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculator</remote>
       <ejb-class>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculatorBean</ejb-class>
       <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
   </session>
   <session>
       <display-name>Stateless Session Bean with Local
Interfaces</display-name>
       <ejb-name>BCalcLEJB</ejb-name>

<local-home>com.tellussoft.Test.LocalBonusCalculatorHome</local-home>
       <local>com.tellussoft.Test.LocalBonusCalculator</local>
       <ejb-class>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculatorBean</ejb-class>
       <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
   </session>
</enterprise-beans>

And the web.xml:

 <ejb-local-ref>
     <ejb-ref-name>BCalcLEJB</ejb-ref-name>
     <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
    <local-home>com.tellussoft.Test.LocalBonusCalculatorHome</local-home>
     <local>com.tellussoft.Test.LocalBonusCalculator</local>
 </ejb-local-ref>
 <ejb-ref>
     <ejb-ref-name>BCalcREJB</ejb-ref-name>
     <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
     <home>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculatorHome</home>
     <remote>com.tellussoft.Test.BonusCalculator</remote>
 </ejb-ref>

Re: Deploy war-problem

Posted by Stein Kråbøl <st...@tellussoft.com>.
Aaron, thank you for you quick response!

I have deployd the EJB modul standalone. It show in geronimo
admin(/console)Im going to make an ear later.
I use maven to esemble files and both programs is new to me.

Here is the geronimo-web.xml I am using:

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
        xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
        configId="MyWebApp">

	<container-config>
 		<jetty xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty/config-1.0">
 			<context-root>/</context-root>
 			<context-priority-classloader>false</context-priority-classloader>
   		<virtual-host>camilla</virtual-host>
 		</jetty>
	</container-config>
</web-app>

More questions:
1. I had this deployd before, without ref to ejb in my servlet
as a standalone webapp and I notised that ip numberaddress(10.0.0.1) still
worked with virtuals-host setting below. Is that right?)
2. Is there a way to see the JNDI names that the moduls in Geronimo is
mapped to in the admin console?

Stein

Re: Deploy war-problem

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.