Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "FLYNN, Peter -Syntegra UK" <Pe...@syntegra.com> on 2002/09/11 11:43:08 UTC

SNMP

Hi,

Does anyone use the SNMPTrapAppender for Log4J to send out traps on log
messages ?

I'm trying to configure it, and have noticed that the full Log4J message
comes through as a single octet string.  I was wanting to pass it as
parameters so things such as class and line number were all separate.

Is there a standard MIB that I can use to define a Log4J SNMP Log Message?

Regards,
Peter

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com

Re: SNMP

Posted by Vinayan Menon <Vi...@ushacomm.co.in>.
Hi.

 I require to configure my applications logging using a configuration file,
where I can turn the logging on/off and also set the loging levels. Can
anyone tell how to do so.

Regards,

Vinay