Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2014/02/27 17:38:36 UTC

[Vote] cordova@3.4.0-0.1.1 plugman@0.20.0

Please review and vote on the release of cordova@3.4.0-0.1.1 and
plugman@0.20.0 to NPM.
Release issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-6115
Both cordova and plugman have been uploaded to npm with the "rc" tag:
npm install -g cordova@rc    npm install -g plugman@rc
The packages were published from their corresponding git tags:    plugman:
0.20.0 (de94c77361b65f363d008f620397c548c6feb113)    cli: 3.4.0-0.1.1
(bf4383c16a038b81669797681f25d59419db8dcd)
Upon a successful vote, I will tag the releases as "latest" on NPM and post
the corresponding blog post.
Voting will go on for 48 hours.

Re: [Vote] cordova@3.4.0-0.1.1 plugman@0.20.0

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Thanks Bryan!

I think that's enough to retract my +1. I'll try and fix it up and post
another RC.

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Yes, that's my goal.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
To ask the question a bit differently, why is released code not going to dist? Additional channels are fine, but the channels should always include dist, right?

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.
Michal Mocny wrote:
> If its a significant regression, then of course.
>
> Whats the issue?  Perhaps you shouldn't hold back your vote if its really
> worth a -1!  I created a sample project and seemed fine for iOS/Android.
> Also tried it with our cca toolkit just fine.

Many variations of adding/removing plugins (especially testing using
cordova-mobile-spec) resulted in errors.

I¹ve patched a bunch of them, at least one is still open (w/ patch), and I
have one or two bugs left to file.

Re: [Vote] cordova@3.4.0-0.1.1 plugman@0.20.0

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
If its a significant regression, then of course.

Whats the issue?  Perhaps you shouldn't hold back your vote if its really
worth a -1!  I created a sample project and seemed fine for iOS/Android.
 Also tried it with our cca toolkit just fine.

-Michal

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Well I wouldn't put it quite like that.  Anything that
meets the definition of a release *should* be on dist
anyway.  The definition I am referring to is here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release#what

HTH

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.