Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Enis Söztutar <en...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/06/06 03:30:04 UTC

mvn install

Hi devs,

Just FYI, after modularization, you have to do

mvn install -DskipTests

for the bin scripts to work. This has caught me, so sharing it just in case.

Enis

Re: mvn install

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, that's so you can get at least the compiled classes. Technically, all
you should need to run is "mvn compile" first.

In the latest ref guide (in trunk, not published), I added some info under
the developer section about how to run local hbase from the bin scripts
("in-situ").  The docs there also say to do an install, but that's just the
safest way, in case we start changing a lot of things with the
modularization.
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com