Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com> on 2016/07/08 15:53:33 UTC

MaxFieldLength

Hello there,
What is the default maximum field length in Lucene 6? In Lucene2.9 we use IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength to increase the default to 100,000 as we index some very large fields. What should be the alternate for that in Lucene 6?

------
Regards
-Siraj Haider
(212) 306-0154

________________________________

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged, sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution (electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.

Re: MaxFieldLength

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
The default for IndexWriter is no limit, so if that's what you'd like, then
yes, you don't need to use LimitTokenCountFilter.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

RE: MaxFieldLength

This was removed a while back and replaced with LimitTokenCountFilter, which you just need to tack onto your analysis chain to get the same behavior as before.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com>> wrote:
Hello there,
What is the default maximum field length in Lucene 6? In Lucene2.9 we use IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength to increase the default to 100,000 as we index some very large fields. What should be the alternate for that in Lucene 6?

------
Regards
-Siraj Haider
(212) 306-0154<tel:%28212%29%20306-0154>

Re: MaxFieldLength

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.