Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Zhenya Stanilovsky <ar...@mail.ru> on 2021/01/27 12:55:56 UTC

Re[2]: Performance of Ignite as key-value datastore. C++ Thin Client.

1. Yes i know about this message, don`t pay attention (just remove it). Ilya is this param is safe to use ?
2. plz rerun your nodes with -DIGNITE_QUIET=false jvm param (there are would be more informative logs).
3 You have long running tx in your logs (IGNITE_QUIET will help to detect why it hangs) you can configure default timeout [1]
4 If tx will hang one more — plz attach new logs and up this thread.

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/configuration/TransactionConfiguration.html#setDefaultTxTimeout-long-

Re: Re[2]: Performance of Ignite as key-value datastore. C++ Thin Client.

Posted by jjimeno <jj...@omp.com>.
2. I've found this:

[16:02:23,836][WARNING][client-connector-#139][GridDhtColocatedCache] <vds>
Unordered map java.util.LinkedHashMap is used for putAll operation on cache
vds. This can lead to a distribut
ed deadlock. Switch to a sorted map like TreeMap instead.

... but I'm using a c++ std::map.  It's hard to think that it is being
mapped to a unordered map in Java and how a deadlock is possible if keys are
no repeated.  I've modified my code to use Put instead of PutAll and the
transaction finishes... in 312sec

There is a way of fixing this?

3. I think the fix to the problem is not increasing a timeout but in
reducing the commit time. More than 300 sec for a transaction of 600MB is
not what I would expect from Ignite

Re: Re[2]: Performance of Ignite as key-value datastore. C++ Thin Client.

Posted by jjimeno <jj...@omp.com>.
Hello,

I understand these deadlocks when there are more than one PuAll at the same
time, but in this case there is only one, and it’s always sorted.

Re: Re[2]: Performance of Ignite as key-value datastore. C++ Thin Client.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
> how a deadlock is possible if keys are no repeated
Deadlock is possible when two putAll operations are executed
at the same time on the same keys, but key order is different in the
provided map.

> LinkedHashMap is used for putAll operation
> but I'm using a c++ std::map
Unfortunately, this warning is misleading when a non-Java client is used.
Make sure that the order of entries is always the same when doing a putAll
operation.
If your current test does not perform multiple operations in parallel, this
is not an issue.

Posted by jjimeno <jj...@omp.com>.
Hello! Ok... thanks Ilya!

Re: Re[2]: Performance of Ignite as key-value datastore. C++ Thin Client.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

It seems to me that you should never use messageQueueLimit - if you ever
saturate your network it will break down your cluster.

Ilya Kasnacheev