Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Jim Bonanno <ti...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 14:19:49 UTC

Maven support for DependencyManagement

First let me say ivy is great project, it has been a pleasure to work with.
We are currently using ivy 2.0 alpha 2.

We recently hit an issue with resolving some POMs with the ibiblio resolver
and usepoms=true. The problem is that the version for a dependency can be
stored in the dependency management section of a parent POM.

The apache directory server is an example.

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/server/apacheds-server-main/1.5.0/apacheds-server-main-1.5.0.pom

Note that the POM for the parent build artifact has the version information
for the last 5 dependencies.

The PomModuleDescriptorParser currently only builds a dependency descriptor
if the groupId, artifactId and version are all set. So for the case of
apache directory server, many of the transitive dependencies are ignored.

I have been working on an extension to the PomModuleDescriptorParser that
build the dependency management information at the end of the project/parent
element by parsing the parent chain. Then if a dependency is found without a
version, then the dependency management information is used.

Is this something that others may be interested in? If so I can open an
issue and supply a patch.

Re: Maven support for DependencyManagement

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
Of curse !
Thanks for your contribution.

:-)
Gilles

--
Gilles SCOKART

RE: Maven support for DependencyManagement

Posted by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl>.
Well, this looks like a bug to me, so please do.

Regards,
Erik-Berndt

[...]

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.