Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@apache.org> on 2015/08/29 01:00:55 UTC

September 2015 Report

Greetings, {podling} developers!

This is a reminder that your report is due next Wednesday, September
2nd.  Details below.

Best,

Marvin Humphrey, Report Manager for September, on behalf of the
Incubator PMC

---------------

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
prepare your quarterly board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 16 September 2015, 10:30 am
Pacific.  The report for your podling will form a part of the Incubator
PMC report. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2
weeks before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
submission (Wed, September 2nd).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator
PMC, and subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the
very latest you should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board
meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report

----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

*   Your project name
*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
    the project or necessarily of its field
*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
    towards graduation.
*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
    aware of
*   How has the community developed since the last report
*   How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2015

Note: This is manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
this page is created from a template.

Mentors
-------

Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
the Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are
following the project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms
for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
This is exactly correct.

We can include it as the report goes to the board.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
This is exactly correct.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Craig L Russell <cl...@apache.org>.
> On Aug 30, 2015, at 7:13 AM, Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
>
> On 8/30/15 9:40 AM, John D. Ament wrote:
>> I remember asking about public vs private board reporting in the past.  I'm
>> curious what you have to report that is private (since the final report
>> does become public record).
>
> Correct: board reports become public record when posted, typically the
> following month after the board reviews the minutes at their next
> meeting.  Note that anything marked <private> is redacted from the
> minutes before posting publicly. </private>

But remains in the archived agenda for review by members (forever).

Craig

> For more details of what's expected in TLP project reports (which is
> what a podling should be thinking of for the future), and what kinds of
> things are marked private, see:
>
> https://www.apache.org/foundation/board/reporting
>
> - Shane
>

>> John
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 2:58 AM jan i <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I really like our open way of reporting using the wiki but we have a small
>>> flaw in the procedure.
>>>
>>> The wiki is not the place to report a <private></private> section, so I
>>> will send it to private@i.a.o and hope it will  be included.
>>>
>>> rgds
>>> jan i.

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Sunday, August 30, 2015, Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> On 8/30/15 9:40 AM, John D. Ament wrote:
> > I remember asking about public vs private board reporting in the past.
> I'm
> > curious what you have to report that is private (since the final report
> > does become public record).
>
> Correct: board reports become public record when posted, typically the
> following month after the board reviews the minutes at their next
> meeting.  Note that anything marked <private> is redacted from the
> minutes before posting publicly. </private>
>
> For more details of what's expected in TLP project reports (which is
> what a podling should be thinking of for the future), and what kinds of
> things are marked private, see:
>
>   https://www.apache.org/foundation/board/reporting

For TLP it is easy but podlings have a public wiki  in between, but I will
post it on private@ and I think it is something we should formalize
(podling and private)

Sorry John, not going to write in public what content it is, that is
private :-)
(as member You know where to look anyhow)

rgds
jan i

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Craig L Russell <cl...@apache.org>.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I went ahead and removed them from this month's report as well.  Thanks for
the info Cos.

John

Re: September 2015 Report

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.