Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Paul Belanger <be...@yahoo.com> on 2014/10/05 22:10:44 UTC

Re: Issue with attempting to login to Marmotta

Jakob,

I've stopped the service for Marmotta;

I've edited the "system-config.properties" file (on Win 2k8 server, located at C:\tmp\marmotta):

	* security.configured = false
	* security.profile = standard
... but when I restart the Windows service associated to Marmotta, the configuration file is overwritten when I try to change the DB to use the MySQL server I deployed earlier this week.

Furthermore, I get this error when I attempt to change the DB from H2 to MySQL:

Internal Server Error(500):
Could not find MessageBodyWriter for response object of type: org.apache.marmotta.platform.core.jaxrs.exceptionmappers.ErrorResponse of media type: application/octet-stream

If the solution is for me to deploy on LAMP, that's not a problem; do you reckon it's a more stable product in Linux?

I also read the Marmotta framework is not designed for search - am I being mislead? I'm looking for an all-in-one experience where the data can be imported to the server (I understand there will be data massaging necessary at this step), then searched somewhat (ie, like Solr can be) to perform as a technology demonstrator.

Thanks,

Paul B.

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:38 AM, Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Paul,

the login/logout form in the Admin-UI is broken, but apart from
confusing users it does not affect the actual platform usage.

From what I can guess from your mail, it looks everything works fine,
but let me elaborate on that:

Marmotta comes with three pre-defined security profiles (simple,
standard and restricted) with "simple" being the default one.

In the "simple"-profile, write-access to the server (such as changing
configuration settings, importing data) is allowed only from
localhost, while reading is allowed. Password-Auth is ignored.
With the "standard"-profile, write-access is allowed only for
authenticated users (username&password) from any remote address,
reading is still allowed.
In "restricted", both read and write require authentication.

Since you are running marmottta on a Windows 2008 Server, I assume you
are accessing the admin-ui remotely thus the default (simple) profile
does not allow importing.

The easiest solution is to shut-down marmotta, then change/add the
following values in the "system-config.properties" in the
home-directory of marmotta:
security.configured = false
security.profile = standard
After starting the server again, you should be able to import data
using the default credentials.

Please keep in mind that the default database is only feasible for
testing. If you are managing bigger datasets you should switch to a
different database (mysql or postgres (recommended))

Best,
Jakob