Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Dishara Wijewardana <dd...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/20 21:23:09 UTC

How to structure and implement test classes for Velocity JSR 223

Hi all,

I thought of start writing test classes for JR 223 API implementation.
(Junit test classes )
I would like to know the ideas/expectations of the $subject ?
Because if we take script engine or script context like classes there are
JSR 223 spec specific things which need to be covered. In fact most of them
are already covered.
So in test classes we can cover them all(which is a must) . How do we plan
to model test package.
Is it like one to one mapping of each API class to a test package or test
class which cover all its aspects and etc. ?

Any ideas ?

--
Thanks
/Dishara

Re: How to structure and implement test classes for Velocity JSR 223

Posted by Dishara Wijewardana <dd...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu
<se...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 06/20/2012 03:23 PM, Dishara Wijewardana wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I thought of start writing test classes for JR 223 API implementation.
>> (Junit test classes )
>> I would like to know the ideas/expectations of the $subject ?
>> Because if we take script engine or script context like classes there are
>> JSR 223 spec specific things which need to be covered. In fact most of
>> them
>> are already covered.
>> So in test classes we can cover them all(which is a must) . How do we plan
>> to model test package.
>> Is it like one to one mapping of each API class to a test package or test
>> class which cover all its aspects and etc. ?
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>

> Shouldn't the TCK be used? At least parts of it could be used as an
> inspiration for new unit tests.

I was also thinking of that. But  TCK is not available for free. And also
claude's idea was to implement  our own tests classes.
And TCK can be a good inspiration to that. But unfortunately we don't have
license on that.

Posted by Sergiu Dumitriu <se...@gmail.com>.