Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reid Peryam <re...@bu.edu> on 2004/06/15 00:12:34 UTC

tomcat starting up?

So when I try to connect to http://localhost:8080/ after starting up Tomcat, I get a dns connecting error in IE. The documentation support said that this might be because the port is being used by another process. If it is, how can I detect another port which is open for use? (the documentation tells how to change the default...)

Reid

RE: tomcat starting up?

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.co.za>.
Tomcat runs on 8080, i.e. (80), by default so check no other servers are
running and using this port. If you are using Apache in conjunction with
Tomcat you need to set-up an ajp connector.

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
web: www.volume4.co.za

confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party
without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error,
please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original
email. Thank you.

:: dns connecting error in IE. The documentation support said that this
might be
:: because the port is being used by another process. If it is, how can I
detect another
:: port which is open for use? (the documentation tells how to change the
default...)
::
:: Reid