Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Moore, Jonathan" <Jo...@Comcast.com> on 2010/12/14 16:36:35 UTC

publishing updated version of dev website?

Hi,

I just committed some minor updates to the site documentation for 4.1 to
point to the external benchmarking writeup done by folks here at Comcast.
"mvn site:site" works for me locally, but I'm not sure what our current
procedures are for actually publishing the changes to the live site.

The wiki points to
http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/WebSite/ComponentSite as
documentation but that page doesn't exist. :)

Is this some variant of "mvn site:deploy"? (the top-level POM doesn't seem
to have a <distributionManagement> section though).

Thanks,
Jon
Jon Moore
Comcast Interactive Media

Re: publishing updated version of dev website?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 15:36 +0000, Moore, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just committed some minor updates to the site documentation for 4.1 to
> point to the external benchmarking writeup done by folks here at Comcast.
> "mvn site:site" works for me locally, but I'm not sure what our current
> procedures are for actually publishing the changes to the live site.
>
> The wiki points to
> http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/WebSite/ComponentSite as
> documentation but that page doesn't exist. :)
>
> Is this some variant of "mvn site:deploy"? (the top-level POM doesn't seem
> to have a <distributionManagement> section though).
>
> Thanks,
> Jon
> Jon Moore
> Comcast Interactive Media

Hi Jon

I'll try to update it on the weekend

Oleg

Re: publishing updated version of dev website?

Posted by Jon Moore <jo...@apache.org>.
Ok, great! I'll give it a shot soon. -Jon

 10:20 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 15:36 +0000, Moore, Jonathan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just committed some minor updates to the site documentation for 4.1 to
>> point to the external benchmarking writeup done by folks here at Comcast.
>> "mvn site:site" works for me locally, but I'm not sure what our current
>> procedures are for actually publishing the changes to the live site.
>>
>> The wiki points to
>> http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/WebSite/ComponentSite as
>> documentation but that page doesn't exist. :)
>>

> Jon
>
> I added instructions on deployment of component web sites. Would you be
> able and willing to try it out?
>
> Ideally other committers on the project should be able to cut releases
> and redeploy the web site.
>
> Cheers
>
> Oleg

Jon Moore

Re: publishing updated version of dev website?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.