Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ren <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/14 01:16:18 UTC

How to check the latest version of an Maven Plugin

Hi guys,
Is there a command that shows me the latest version of an Maven
Plugin? (if I specify the artifact and group id in the command line
argument)

--
Kind Regards,
Ren

Re: How to check the latest version of an Maven Plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Is there a command that shows me the latest version of an Maven
> Plugin? (if I specify the artifact and group id in the command line
> argument)

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/
click the plugin name to see versions deployed to Central

There may be a CLI command to do this (or a site report, etc) but I
just check Central directly, lock my plugin versions down in my poms,
and only update plugin versions when I need a new feature or a bug
fix.

Wayne

Re: How to check the latest version of an Maven Plugin

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Ok, when I want to check an artifact (version for instance) I normally use
Sonatype's public instance of Nexus at
http://repository.sonatype.org/
and do a search. Just takes a few seconds and it is independent on your own
environment setup (very handy when you use many different computers as I
am).
That Nexus instance will show search hits from central, jboss repo, and some
other repos.

/Anders

Posted by Ren <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys.