Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by RV <vr...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/13 07:08:42 UTC

SCA adoption ,in general

Hello,
I am making an architectural decision of using SCA ( Tuscany & others) , in
my product.

I am just wondering ,how  is adoption  of SCA in the industry ? is it
popular ?

also, iam interested in seeing some performance metrics of Tuscany.

 Appreciate your reply.

THanks,
RV

Re: SCA adoption ,in general

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:08 AM, RV <vr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am making an architectural decision of using SCA ( Tuscany & others) , in
>> my product.
>>
>> I am just wondering ,how  is adoption  of SCA in the industry ? is it
>> popular ?
>>
>> also, iam interested in seeing some performance metrics of Tuscany.
>>
>>  Appreciate your reply.
>>
>> THanks,
>> RV
>
> Hi
>
> Re. adoption of SCA in the industry. Certainly people are using it but
> I don't have an easy way of quantifying it. We get questions here on
> the user list and I know that people who build infrastructure products
> use it and support it, e.g. [1]. A quick Google will show others.

Another way to look at this is that, in various cases, SCA is used as
the platform for building large solutions/tools and you might not
really see it's usage (e.g. IBM in their Websphere tools, and others
like Oracle, Tibco, etc).

> Re. performance metrics. A good while  back on the 1.x code base we
> had a user testing performance. They posted comment here on the "User
> Feedback" page [2]. We've been working on the 2.x code base but I
> haven't seen any performance metrics done. Would be a good project for
> someone (are you interested;-). A good starting question would be what
> specifics of performance are you interested in. Deployment, startup,
> runtime, partciular bindings etc.

The performance for Tuscany 2.x and the web 2.0 bindings are very good
and can handle webscale load very well without any noticeable
overhead.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende