Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Li Shengmei <li...@ict.ac.cn> on 2013/05/31 13:05:58 UTC

About the cpu-cores and CPU usage

Hi, all

         I modify the yarn-site.xml of nodemanager and set
yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-cores as "8". There are "16" cores in
nodemanager. I use "top" command to monitor the CPU usage while running
application. I found that all 16 cores are in using. Can anyone explain the
case?

Thanks

May

Re: About the cpu-cores and CPU usage

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Addting to Bobby's answer, YARN-3 did most of the work to support cgroups
cpu controller, YARN-600 (still open) is to do the final wiring. With this
you'll be able to enforce CPU quotas (in the form of virtual cores).

thx

--
Alejandro

Re: About the cpu-cores and CPU usage