Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2006/02/01 00:36:48 UTC

Re: Jetspeed2 Binary Distribution as a Webapp?

Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Is there anywhere a distribution of Jetspeed 2 that comes as a WAR, and
> not bundled with Tomcat? I've already got Tomcat up and running (already
> serving some other webapps), and I'd like to add a jetspeed instance for
> one domain.

Jetspeed consists of more than just one war file.

jetspeed.war -- the portal
5 common jar files -- distributed to tomcat's shared/lib
8 portlet applications (almost all of these are optional)

Best to take the installation, and copy out the files that you need
Although, you will not get the database properly initialized
Thus following the plugin instructions is probably the best way to go
for now]

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-binary.html

We are in the process of refactoring the build and deprecating  Maven-1
to better suite different configurations. For example, you may not want
all the sample portlet applications. You can really get by with just the
j2-admin app.