Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@apache.org> on 2003/09/19 15:47:30 UTC

PMC should be all active and accountable volunteers

> The fact that there needs to be a shepherd from the Incubator PMC is
> out of question.

No it isn't.  The fact that the incubator PMC has become an old-boys
club of absentees is a disgrace.  That isn't why we have PMCs.
That isn't what project management is about.  We have people who are
itching to work, or are working, on incubation and yet are looking
to us to make their own decisions.  That is damned ridiculous and
I have said so every time it has come up.  The people doing the work
are supposed to be making the decisions.

Make every volunteer (with enough experience to be a shepherd) part
of the PMC and there is no problem.  Maybe then they will understand
that moving through incubator is as simple as editing a STATUS file!

....Roy

Re: [VOTE] dims for incubator PMC

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Sam Ruby wrote:
> Davanum Srinivas is an ASF member and an ASF officer and chair of the
> web services PMC.  He is very interested in the incubation of the WSRP4J
> and Pluto podlings.
>
> I would like to see him included in the incubator PMC.  Let me start
> things off with my: +1.

Sam, I sent a mail titled: "[VOTE] Davanum Srinivas as committer and PMC
member of Incubator" dated 12/09/2003 14.18.

The only replies were from Jim and Sander.

I'm confused to see this mail now :-?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [VOTE] dims for incubator PMC

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@apache.org>.
+1, though I'd really appreciate it if people would stop proposing
votes on individuals in public, and further that the results on voting
for a new chair be declared effective or defunct so that I can start
asking the right person to manage these votes and announce a decision
when one has been reached.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>.
+1

[VOTE] dims for incubator PMC