Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by beyaNet <an...@beyanet.com> on 2004/07/26 21:23:12 UTC

[users@httpd] RewriteRule (.*)\.xsp$ mysite/$1.xsp [P]

Hi,
I have a website who's real url is something like:

http://www.mysite.com/cocoon/mysite

I have managed to, with the aid of jk2, configure both cocoon,
workers2.properties and http.conf so that the url can now be:

http://www.mysite.com

what I was then doing was for every instance of an .xsp, .xml etc etc
etc, redirect it to /mysite. This has caused me no end of trouble as I
have had to alter the path of every file in my site. As you can imagine
a complete nightmare!! What i want to b able to do is configure the
Rewrite rule so that any instance of:

http://www.mysite.com/mysite/nextlevel

gets passed as mysite/nextlevel [p] i.e the structure of the url is
unchanged in real terms, but to the user they just see
http://www.mysite.com/*

Can someone help me with the syntax?

thanks in advance

Andrew

Re: [users@httpd] RewriteRule (.*)\.xsp$ mysite/$1.xsp [P]

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
Try using:
Alias / /path/to/cocoon/mysite
and then i don't think if you'll be needing any rewrite rules.