Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Marcus Oladell <mo...@factset.com> on 2001/03/05 17:03:35 UTC

SAX Question

Are there plans to add SAX support for Xerces-Perl?  I am a newbie in this
area (have worked extensively with Xerces-C) and maybe it already exists.
I just downloaded the files and glancing at them quickly it does not seem
that SAX support is there, only DOM support.  If it does exist, where is
it?  If not, is there a plan and if so what is the time frame for adding
SAX support?

Thanks,

Marcus C. Oladell
Software Engineer
Factset Research Systems

Re: SAX Question

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for giving Xerces-p a look. Yes, the current developer version
of xerces-p has support for all interfaces available in xerces-c
1.3.

The xerces-p group has had some organizational difficulties and have
not made that developer snapshot available. We hope to have that done
in the next week, however, it is possible (and even likely) that the
new developer snapshot only supports linux. Please monitor the list
for the announcement.

jas.